Akinwunmi & Busari is a firm of experts in trademarks and patents registration, prosecution, counseling and opinion work. Our clients can count on us to act in their best interest as we apply our skill and experience on their behalf.
Akinwunmi & Busari’s Intellectual Property Practice Unit (IPU) provides traditional and innovative intellectual property legal services to our clients on trademark, copyright, patent, design. From the inception of an idea to the global marketing of products, our firm will partner with clients to anticipate and minimize future conflicts while maximizing present opportunities.
We employ a team approach to each transaction, so the same lawyers that performed a trademark search are also the ones who defend its proprietary rights.
- We search, secure and enforce the protection of trademarks, patents and copyrights around the world.
- We defend patent, trademark and copyright suits throughout the country.
- We prosecute trademark and patents for new start-up companies’ and pharmaceutical applications and compounds.
- We protect and enforce the rights of software and media firms under both copyright and licensed work agreements.
- We advise our clients of the network of regulatory and trademark issues that arise in e-commerce.
- We appear in arbitration tribunals, before the Trademarks Registrar and in the Federal high courts to obtain and enforce our clients’ intellectual property rights.
- We litigate effectively and efficiently in all forums to enforce and defend intellectual property assets.
Akinwunmi & Busari IPU approaches each transaction with the same balanced, client-focused perspective regardless of transaction size or complexity. Our goal is to remain on the cutting edge of this rapidly changing field to help preserve our clients’ competitive edge.
Our commitment to our clients
Our IPU practice serves clients in array of leading industries, from information technology to consumer products. Our clients range from multinational companies to small businesses and start-up concerns.
Whether filing your applications, litigating your IP case or providing proactive counsel that helps our clients avoid IP litigation issues altogether, our IP lawyers are supported by Akinwunmi & Busari ‘s leading edge litigation support tools and experienced staff that work with our lawyers to provide high quality, cost-effective client service.
The firm has a partner, senior associate and junior counsel attached to each client. The firm has developed and employs sophisticated proprietary systems to manage and control trademark and patent preparation and prosecution.
For further information contact:
Tunde Busari, Labo Adetunmbi or Tosin Baruwa